15 kHz Scart RGB

Area for discussing ST(E) clones

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

Higgy
Atari User
Atari User

Re: 15 kHz Scart RGB

Postby Higgy » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:30 pm

Sorry, but with my 'homemade' MiST/MiniMig SCART cable on my 14" Panasonic CRT the picture is excellent on those Cores.
It is better than on the original hardware. Especially the C64, I wish my C64's produced such a sharp image.

No ghosting or interference. Pixel sharp, well pixel sharp for a CRT being supplied a RGB signal.

caver99
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby caver99 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:36 pm

i've just made my vga to scart lead today and so far on a samsung 42" the picture rolls on the bbc amiga and atari st core but on my 50" lg the amiga and st cores are roark solid but the bbc flickers and i can't get the c64 to show a picture at all
not sure if it's my cable or something else

caver99
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby caver99 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:39 pm

and yes i have the mist.ini on the sd card with scan doubler set to 1

DrOG
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby DrOG » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:23 pm

caver99 wrote:i've just made my vga to scart lead today and so far on a samsung 42" the picture rolls on the bbc amiga and atari st core but on my 50" lg the amiga and st cores are roark solid but the bbc flickers and i can't get the c64 to show a picture at all
not sure if it's my cable or something else

I think your cable is OK, otherwise there won't be a picture on the 50" LG. Try different TV standards (PAL/NTSC), in the case of C64 and Amiga core it is switchable from the menu (Amiga needs a reset after that to apply the change), in case of the Atari ST core the tos.img file has to be replaced on SD card with the other versoin (i.e. UK[PAL]<->US[NTSC]).

@Higgy:
Yes, as I wrote earlier, in case of different cores the result is depending mainly on the screen's properties.
My Samsung LE40B650 LCD displays almost all cores perfectly over SCART and YPbPr. Some are badly centered, and some are distorted. My mother's Panasonic TX-28CK1P and my old Philips CM8833 is even better. Try the PC Engine core on your TV set, I'm curious if it will work or not!

caver99
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby caver99 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:09 pm

all is working perfect on my 22" benq just wanted to see it on a normal tv and from what i've seen looks great amiga and st look exactly like they did back in day

Higgy
Atari User
Atari User

Postby Higgy » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:23 pm

@DrOG - I was going to say the picture is too far off to the left and there was some shimmering of the pixels.
But I spun my chair around to look back at the MiST away from my PC and the pixels had stopped shimmering?!

The shimmering was in the Core's file menu before I loaded a game but I did not notice it in the 'Core Menu'.

I have not noticed this behaviour before with the tv. I turned the MiST off/on and the shimmering still had gone?!

I need to test again to see if it happens again.

Tv is fine with a real PC Engine (Core Grapfx 2) outputting a RGB signal.

caver99
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby caver99 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:42 am

tried the vga to scart again on the samsung and the amiga core is rock solid just every other core so at least i know my vga to scart lead is working as it should do.
next i am going to take it apart and redo the cable and put some shrink wrap on the audio and video cable in sections to keep them together and when i find my very slim stuff put it over all the pins including the rgb grounds to keep them isolated

Social Media

Return to “ST(E) Clones (Suska / MiST)”