Looking for a PAL 520 or 1040 STe motherboard

Do you need some hardware and/or software? Do you want to clear out the attic? Post your classified ads here.

Moderators: Mug UK, Adrenalin, Moderator Team

thgill
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Looking for a PAL 520 or 1040 STe motherboard

Postby thgill » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:44 pm

Hola guys!

My STe has developed a fault that I haven't been able to track down so I am on the look out for a replacement motherboard. I don't need a whole machine, just a good working condition motherboard. PAL only. With shipping to the US.

Thanks!

dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Looking for a PAL 520 or 1040 STe motherboard

Postby dlfrsilver » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:18 pm

What kind of fault do you have with it ?
Now SPS France representative since the 19th of June 2014. Proud to be an SPS member !

thgill

Postby thgill » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:23 am

Good question. It's been a while since it was hooked up (maybe last summer). It periodically doesn't boot up. It has been tested with multiple power supplies. One day it works fine, the next it just won't power on.

dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Postby dlfrsilver » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:42 am

thgill wrote:Good question. It's been a while since it was hooked up (maybe last summer). It periodically doesn't boot up. It has been tested with multiple power supplies. One day it works fine, the next it just won't power on.

Maybe check first for dry solders on the motherboard, and also check the PSU. If you didn't replaced/changed the Capacitors in the PSU, you must do it then. The STE machines have rubbish 3rd grade capacitors in the PSU. Replace them with 1st grade ones like Panasonic / Rubycon (check Exxos website, he has some packs of caps to sell, just give him the capacitors list or the PSU ref. number).
Now SPS France representative since the 19th of June 2014. Proud to be an SPS member !

Social Media

Return to “For sale / Wanted”